By attending this/these event(s) you are accepting the following Terms & Conditions and agreeing to be bound by them and to comply by all applicable laws and regulations.
- A valid Ticket must be produced by each Customer to gain entrance to an Event. The Ticket must be retained by the Customer whilst in the Venue and be made available for inspection if requested by the Venue staff. Failure to produce a valid Ticket may result in expulsion from the Venue.
- It is the Customer's responsibility to contact the Venue if Tickets are lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed. Duplicate Tickets may be issued at the discretion of the Venue for certain Events, but it is not possible to issue duplicate Tickets for all Events, e.g. where there is a possibility that the licensed capacity of the Venue may be compromised. Additional security steps may be required if duplicates are to be issued.
- It is the Customer's responsibility to check their Tickets. The Venue will make all reasonable endeavours to correct mistakes if brought to their attention prior to the Event for which the Ticket is valid. However, it may not always be possible to rectify mistakes.
- It is the Customer's responsibility to ascertain whether an Event has been cancelled or rescheduled. In such cases the Venue will make all reasonable endeavours to notify Customers of the change, but cannot guarantee all will be informed before the date of the Event.
- It is the Customer's responsibility to assess the suitability of an Event for children where no official age restriction applies.
- is acting in a threatening or aggressive manner;
- uses threatening, abusive or insulting language;
- appears to be under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs;
- may be a risk to the safety of Venue staff, performers or audience members;
- may detract from the enjoyment of other Customers;
- fails, when required, to produce proof of identity, age or entitlement to a concession/discount;
- fails to comply with instructions given by the Venue's staff;
- or is found to be in breach of these terms and conditions or statutory law.
- The Venue will endeavour to admit latecomers at the first suitable opportunity, which may be the interval. For some Events late admission cannot be guaranteed.
- The Venue reserves the right to refuse re-admission to the Venue. If Customers wish to re-enter the Venue they must check with the Venue staff before they exit.
- The Venue reserves the right to conduct security searches and confiscate any item which, in the reasonable opinion of the Venue staff, may cause danger or disruption to the Event or other Customers, or which the performers or their representatives have specifically requested are prohibited.
- The Venue will make all reasonable efforts to forewarn Customers if stroboscopic lighting may be used in the Event. Customers with known medical conditions who may be susceptible to such lighting effects are recommended to seek further advice.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase unless the Event is cancelled, abandoned, rescheduled or where there is a material change to the Event. A material change is a change which, in the Venue's reasonable opinion, would make the Event materially different to the Event that the purchasers of the Ticket could reasonably expect and would include a change to the advertised headline act (in the case of a comedy or music act) or the staging of a different production (in the case of a theatrical show). A cast change, the use of understudies, a change to a support act or an alteration to the running time does not constitute a material change. The Venue cannot offer refunds or exchanges if cast members, whether advertised or not, are unable to perform due to illness or unforeseen circumstances.
- Refunds shall only be made to the person who purchased the Tickets and, where possible, by the same method used to purchase the Tickets. When it is not possible to refund via the same payment method the Venue reserves the right to request additional identification or documentation to ensure the money is returned to the correct person.
- In the case of a cancelled Event, Customers will be refunded the face value of the Tickets and any associated booking fees they have paid.
- In the case of a postponed/rescheduled Event, Customers will be offered alternative Tickets of the same value for the new date/time, subject to availability. Where it is not possible to offer Tickets of the same value then alternative Tickets may be offered. Should the Customer not wish to accept these Tickets then a refund can be obtained for the face value of the Tickets and any associated booking fees. To claim a refund the Tickets must be returned to the Venue prior to the rescheduled date. The Venue cannot be held responsible for Tickets which have been lost in transit so Customers are recommended to use a secure form of delivery, the cost of which is non-refundable.
- If an Event is abandoned after commencing Customers will be offered, subject to availability, equivalent value Tickets for an alternative performance of the same production or they will be refunded the face value of the Tickets and any associated booking fees they have paid.
- In rare and unforeseen circumstances the Venue may be required to revoke Customer's Tickets and offer alternative Tickets for the same Event of the equivalent value. If this is not possible, alternative Tickets may be offered and any difference in value credited or debited to the Customer as applicable and with their consent. If the Venue cannot offer Tickets of the equivalent value then the Customer can claim a refund of the face value of the Tickets and any associated booking fees.
- The Venue reserves the right to cancel Tickets which they reasonably suspect to have been booked fraudulently, which exceed any advertised limits on the quantity that a person/household can buy, or which they suspect to have been resold, or attempted to be resold, for financial gain. Any applicable restrictions on the quantity of Tickets that can be purchased will be made clear at the time of booking.
- At the Venue's discretion, a waiting list may be kept for sold out Events to assist Customers who can no longer attend. The Venue may charge an administration fee for facilitating the transfer of Tickets from one Customer to another.
- Ticket prices are subject to change and the Venue reserves the right to change the prices of Tickets and/or introduce discounts/special offers which cannot be retrospectively applied to Tickets already purchased.
- All discounts are offered subject to availability and therefore Tickets may not be available at all advertised prices at all times.
- Concession/discounted Ticket prices must be applied for at the time of purchase and cannot be applied to Tickets already purchased. Proof of entitlement to a concession/discount may be requested from the Customer at the time of booking and/or when they attend the Event. Failure to produce reasonable proof of entitlement to a concession/discount may invalidate the Ticket and result in refusal of admittance or ejection from the Venue.
- Additional £2.00 per ticket booking fee - When tickets are purchsed online.
- Additional £1.00 per ticket Restoration Fee - for all tickets, details can be found at www.princestheatre.co.uk
- If customers have chosen to receive their Tickets by post or by 'Print-at-Home' then it is their responsibility to inform the Venue if the Tickets have not been received prior to the advertised start time of the event. Where the Venue is not notified of non-receipt of Tickets prior to the commencement of the event neither duplicate tickets nor a refund will be offered.
- The Venue reserves the right to post Tickets only to the registered billing address of the card used to purchase them.
- When Tickets are being collected at the box office, the Customer may be requested to present the card used to purchase the Tickets as identification. If this is not possible they must contact the box office prior to the day of the Event.
- The unauthorised resale, or attempted resale, of a Ticket is prohibited. The Venue reserves the right to cancel without refund Tickets which it reasonably suspects as being offered for unauthorised resale. Customers who are unsure if a seller is an authorised agent should contact the Venue for clarification. The Venue accepts no responsibility for the validity of Tickets purchased from unauthorised agents.
- Unless prior written consent is obtained from the Venue, Tickets may not be combined with hospitality, travel, accommodation, merchandise and/or any other product or service to create a ticket package to sell for commercial gain.
- The use of equipment to record or transmit audio and/or visual material inside the Venue is strictly forbidden. Unauthorised recordings, tapes, films or similar items may be confiscated and destroyed. Any recording made in breach of these conditions shall belong to the Venue and/or Promoter of the Event. Neither the Promoter nor the Venue will be liable for the loss, theft or damage to confiscated items.
- By attending the Event Customers give their consent to filming, photography and sound recording of themselves as members of the audience. The Venue and/or Event Promoter will own the copyright of such material and may use such films/photographs/recordings for any purpose, including commercial purposes, without payment or further notification.
- Mobile telephones, messaging equipment and all similar personal electronic equipment must be switched off during the Event. Customers who do not comply and disrupt the enjoyment of the Event for other Customers may be ejected from the Venue without refund.
- Only food and drink purchased on the premises may be consumed within the Venue, unless items are required on proven medical grounds or for babes in arms.
- The Venue reserves the right to amend the cost of the membership and the benefits it provides without prior warning.
- The Venue will not be responsible for any injury or loss, theft or damage of Customer's personal belongings, other than that caused as a result of negligence or other breach of statutory duty.
- Personal arrangements, including but not limited to, travel, accommodation and subsistence relating to the Event are made entirely at the Customer's own risk and the Venue shall not be liable for any losses incurred from these arrangements.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions seeks to exclude any liability of the Venue for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or other type of liability which cannot by law be excluded or limited.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and any disputes which may arise with the Venue are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- You may only exchange Theatre Vouchers for tickets to performances at The Princes Theatre.
- Tickets are subject to availability and a booking fee may apply.
- Theatre Vouchers may not be exchanged for tickets already supplied, other goods or cash, and are not transferable for value.
- If the value of Theatre Vouchers exchanged by you exceeds the price of the tickets purchased (including any booking fee), credit will be given as Theatre Vouchers, if the price of the tickets purchased by you (including any booking fee) is more than the value of the Theatre Vouchers exchanged, you will be required to pay the balance. The value of vouchers may be merged online or in the box office.
- Theatre Vouchers have a 12 month expiry date which is clearly displayed on the voucher.
- If you have purchased your Theatre Vouchers directly from The Princes Theatre, you have the right to cancel this order and receive a refund, provided that the Theatre Vouchers have not been redeemed and you do so in writing to us by completing a cancellation form within 14 days of receipt of your order. The Theatre Vouchers must be returned to us at your cost. The Princes Theatre does not give refunds in any other circumstances unless you have a statutory right to such a refund. Theatre Vouchers cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
- Once you have redeemed your Theatre Vouchers by exchanging the Theatre Vouchers for tickets to performances your tickets will be subject to the terms and conditions of sale issued by the Princes Theatre. Before exchanging your Theatre Vouchers for tickets to performances at The Princes Theatre you should ensure that you have checked the relevant refund and exchange policy.
- The Princes Theatre reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Terms and Conditions of Sale at any time.
The Princes Theatre is committed to and complies with all relevant Data Protection and Privacy legislation and/or regulations of the jurisdictions within which we operate. We will ensure that your personal data can be used only by authorised personnel for legally authorised purposes.
We will only use personal data in our possession for its intended specific and authorised purpose. Your personal data may be transferred to contracted third parties, e.g. banks and other firms external to us or within our group for the purposes of providing our services to you.
Your personal data will be retained and maintained in accordance with applicable Data Protection and Privacy laws and regulations. Via our applications or upon written request, we will amend the personal data we hold if factually incorrect, and provide you with a copy of any personal data held by us. All our employees are trained in applicable Data Protection and Privacy legislation and will act with due care and diligence when handling personal data.
Types of data we collect
When you purchase tickets, gift vouchers, merchandise or membership through our Box Office, your name, email, phone number, and address data number will be stored by our ticketing partner, Ticketsolve.
When you book tickets online, data is shared between the Realex (payment gateway), and Ticketsolve (ticketing platform) in order to process the transaction. Where patrons have opted to provide their details for mailings, data will be shared with MailChimp (our email partner).
Ticketsolve acts as a data processor on behalf of the Princes Theatre (data controller).
Ticketsolve, Realex, MailChimp and The princes Theatre have implemented appropriate technological measures to protect against accidental loss, destruction, damage, alteration or disclosure.For more information, please see their privacy notices here:
◆ MailChimp privacy notice; https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
◆ Ticketsolve privacy notice; https://www.ticketsolve.com/privacy-policy/
◆ Realex privacy notice; https://www.realexpayments.com/privacy-statement/
When someone visits our website (www.princestheatre.co.uk) we use a number of third party services to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site, types of devices used, and length of time on pages. The Princes Theatre gives all visitors the option to opt out of receiving cookies on first visit and whenever the customers cache is cleared.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser. Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies may result in the disabling of certain functionality and features of our website.
Record retention periods
GDPR set’s out the principle that personal data shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes for which it was obtained.
The Princes Theatre has the following data retention periods in place:
Customer Data Retention Period;
Customer data on Ticketsolve Removed after 6 years of inactivity
Customer data on MailChimp Removed after 6 years of inactivity
Customer date realtong to Youthe Theatre Workshops. Removed after 1 year of inactivity
When you sign up for our mailing list, either at the time of booking or separately through our sign up form, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to share information such as upcoming shows; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We also gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our marketing. You can unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer email@example.com.
We continue to review our controls and processes to assure that they are effective in meeting our commitments to our customers. The princes Theatre reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement without notice at any time and from time to time, including as needed to comply with the laws and regulations of the jurisdictions within which we operate.
Access to your personal information
Under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (as amended), you have a right to seek access to personal information which we hold about you. You also have the right to ask us to correct information about you which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. You also have the right, in certain circumstances to request that we delete your personal information. Any such request should be made to us in writing to: Princes Theatre management, Tendring District Council, Town Hall, Station Road, Clacton-On-Sea, Essex, CO15 3EQ, by email to Princestheatreclacton@tendringdc.gov.uk. We will ordinarily provide you with a print-out of the relevant personal information from our current databases, Your request will be dealt with as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days.
Tickets and Admittance
Conditions of Admission.
The Venue reserves the right to refuse admission to a Customer, or to eject them from the Venue at any point, if in the Venue's reasonable opinion the Customer:
No refunds will be given to Customers who are refused entry or ejected due to their behaviour as suggested in, but not limited to, the examples shown above.
Ticket Cancellations, Exchanges and Refunds
Prohibitions and Audience Consent
Definitions used in these terms and conditions
means any item, tangible or intangible, which confers the right to attend an Event.
includes both the person who purchased, or intends to purchase, Tickets and those within his or her party who are attending the Event, each of whom must possess a valid Ticket.
means any location where the Event is being held and representatives of this location including but not limited to the management, security, front of house and box office teams.
means any entertainment event or performance occurring at the Venue in respect of which Tickets are sold.
means the entity which is staging/producing the Event, which may be different to the Venue.
means the delivery method by which Tickets are emailed to the Customer in Adobe Acrobat .PDF file format.