Weddings with Princes Theatre
For a wedding with a difference, situated in a listed building in Clacton Town Hall, based in the popular and picturesque resort of Clacton on Sea, the Princes Theatre is unique and sets a dramatic backdrop which makes the ideal venue. From traditional and sophisticated to dramatic and theatrical weddings, the Princes Theatre offers packages to suit all types, to make your special day perfect.
With a dedicated wedding team with many years experience of organising events, functions and performances we will organise your day to the highest standard and provide the wedding your deserve.
As each and every wedding is very individual, our in-house wedding co-ordinator will discuss with the bride and groom their needs and requirements, and give them the dedicated attention to the smallest of detail.
Why are we Unique?
The Auditorium can seat up to 300 guests on beautifully arranged large round tables. With the finest sprung dance floor and a professional, well equipped stage where you could have speeches, the cutting of the cake, your first dance and our resident DJ with any live entertainment you may require.
As a professional theatre we can set the mood with our range of technical lighting available and set the perfect ambience and when it comes to speeches, our in-house lighting and sound technician will ensure the speeches are loud and clear.
We can provide gobos, which project names and images onto the auditoriums walls and why not have your wedding video, stag & hen pictures or just your family memories projected on to our large screen on stage.
Separate to the main auditorium we have a fully licensed bar, called the Essex Hall. This room is only foot steps away from the main auditorium. The Essex Hall is also the ideal room to have your drinks reception, so you really do have the wow factor when your guests enter the Theatre for the main event.
If you wish we can roll out the Red Carpet, to make you feel like royalty and to give your photos that extra wow factor.
If the bride or groom would like a change of outfit or freshen up, we have the backstage area and dressing rooms available for them to do so.
Of course being a fully operational working theatre, we regularly stage musicals, live bands, shows, concerts and other productions and work with a wide range of creative individuals and organisations.
If you have a specific creative idea that you would like to see brought to life as part of your wedding celebrations, then tell us about it. Whether it be having your first dance on stage or under the spot light, indoor fireworks, confetti explosions or smoke and mood lighting we can provide it all.
Do you want a choir, a swing band or jazz band or maybe a classical trio, just let us know and we will arrange all of this for you.
The following lists items and services we will provide you, with our complements:
In the lead up
- A dedicated and experienced wedding co-ordinator will be your main point of contact from the initial enquiry through to the big day.
- Access to the venue on a day in the lead up, for a rehearsal. (please note the date of the rehearsal is subject to availability)
On the day
- A member of the wedding team will be specifically responsible for ensuring everything runs to plan and will deal with any queries that you or your guests may have.
- Red carpet on arrival and guests greeted by Front of House staff.
- A member of the technical team will be on hand to run any necessary technical services, such as sound or lighting. If deemed necessary (due to complexity of requirements), extra technical staff would also be made available.
- Professional lighting and high quality sound equipment.
- Fully stocked and licensed Bar in Essex Hall with variable late opening hours.
- For the cake: a square table (approximately 600mm square), dressed with a linen table cloth.
- For the gifts: a table (size to your specification), dressed with a white linen table cloth.
- Free car parking (for approximately 20 vehicles).
- Dressing rooms for the Bride and Groom and immediate family.
- Chairs and tables set up as per your requirements.
- Cloakroom available for guests.
- Storage of gifts, table decorations, cake, etc, until following day (please note: items are not covered by our insurance policy and no responsibility will be accepted for any loss or damage)
- Town centre location
- Parking available
- Two licensed rooms for Marriages & Civil Partnerships
- Ceremonies for up to 820 guests
- The Essex Hall is ideal for intimate ceremonies
- Disabled facilities
- Biodegradable confetti permitted
- Available from just £200
- Town centre location
- Parking available
- Disabled facilities
- Seated Wedding Breakfast for upto 300 guests
- Evening reception for up to 1000 guests
- In-house catering team
- Bespoke drinks packages
- The finest sprung dance floor
- Resident DJ
- Separate room for Welcome drinks
- Your very own dedicated & experienced wedding co-ordinator
- Professional lighting & sound equipment available
- Available from £995
The Town Hall team were always supportive and were always giving more useful ideas and share with us on how they can meet our wishes and share their resources with us.
We were very blessed to find the Town Hall after months of searching for the perfect venue.
WOW I had butterflies in my tummy when I saw the red carpet laid out for me to arrive.
All the staff were their to greet us and reassure us that everything was ready and all perfect.
I truly felt so special and how I always thought my wedding day would be.
When I walked into the hall the transformation was outstanding, it was perfect, everything we wanted, the colours, the lighting, the table arrangements, the music it was so beautiful. A million times better than I ever imagined, the team at the Town Hall listened to exactly what we wanted and did provided everything, perfectly.
The Town Hall staff were always very professional, helpful, happy and the service overall was faultless.
Mr & Mrs Jacobs
Wedding 19th September 2009
We want to thank you so so much for all you did for us we had the most amazing wedding and it was down to your hard work.
Mr and Mrs Onyesoh
8th July 2017
Victoria is an absolute angel and miracle worker and made our wedding the best day it could ever have been. She went above and beyond the call of duty and made me feel so at ease in the planning and on the day.
The venue is beautiful and the staff are amazing. For anyone thinking of getting married here, do it! You will not be disappointed. We love you, Vicky and couldn’t have done it without you. xx
Mr and Mrs Nundy
22nd July 2017
Thank you for all your hard work with our wedding. It was a wonderful day and all your organisation made it run so smoothly.
Thanks once again for all your hard work and the theatre staff team, everyone was so helpful. Our families and friends are still talking about what a fantastic venue the theatre was for the occasion; people have said they will suggest it to anyone they know getting married.
Mr and Mrs Pearce
24th July 2017