TYPE OF VENUE
- Built in 1931, the Theatre is a multi purpose venue and is part of Clacton Town Hall, (Council Administration Centre)
- Set Theatre style – Capacity 820
- Dinner Dances/ Dances/ Disco’s – 200 to 800 (Depending upon type of function)
- Proscenium Arch
- Proscenium Opening 9.75m wide x 5.49m high
- Performing area 10.6m wide x 7.31m deep
- Stage floor – wooden – suitable for dance
- Stage crossover – behind line twenty or under stage
- Height to grid – 12.3m
- Max flying height – 5.48m
- Manual counterweight system – 20 lines
- 200kg permitted on each bar
- Black legs and borders
- Black back cloth
- One set of silver lurex trailers
- One set of gold lurex trailers
- One white cyclorama
- Dark blue house tabs
- If required, the stage can be extended by adding portable units thereby creating additional performance space of approximately 10meters wide x 2 meters deep. (The use of the stage extension will necessitate the removal of at least three rows of stalls seating, thus reducing the seating capacity)
- 12.02m x 2.44m – accommodates approx 20 persons
- (When the pit is in use it will be necessary to remove at least the front row of stall seating to accommodate sight lines and also to maintain the required gangway width in accordance with license conditions)
- Scissor hoist in pit to lift equipment on and off stage
- Get-in via stage door 2.1m x 1.5m
- Four x lighting bars
- Bar three has 12 x 15amp sockets
- Bar eight has 12 x 15 amp sockets
- Bar eleven has 12 x 15 amp sockets
- There is a total of, 6 source 4s, 16 pars 10 profiles over the three bars.
- There are 3 Mac 250 moving heads.
- There are 4 Mac 300 Moving Fresnel’s
- There are 6 Chauvet Q-wash 560z Moving head Washes
- There are 4 Chauvet Rogue R1 Moving heads (excellent breakups)
- The auditorium is lit be RGB LED Battens and Pars which means colour changing and chasing easily achievable
- There are various LED Pars and Battens for up lighting etc.
FRONT OF HOUSE
- FOH side bars only
12 x 15 amp sockets on each side bar. There is currently four source 4`s and three profiles on each of the left and right auditorium horizontal side bars and two profiles on each of the auditorium left and right vertical bars. Safe working loads are; 150kg uniformly distributed, 40kg maximum load point on horizontal bars and 75kg uniformly distributed on the vertical bars. DMX to all lx bars.
- Two x 1000w follow spots – one each side of balcony
- ZERO 77 ORB FX
• 5kw System powered by QSC, AMCRON AND ARX AMPS.
• Yamaha tf5 32 channel desk p/s of balcony
• Renkas Heinz FOH speakers
• Renkas Heinz Sub Base speakers available
• Mid Auditorium delay speakers L&R
• Delay speaker for Dress circle
• Yamaha SPX 900 FX machine
• Tascam CD/Cassette Player
• Tascam Mini Disk Player/Recorder
• Renkas Heinz wedges for additional fold back
• SIX x stage fold backs
• 8 RCF ART Series310A Powered Speakers
- Nine x Shure SM58’S
- Four x Sennheiser ME80’S
- Four x AKG NTG2
- Four x Sennheiser – Hand Held Radio Mics EW 100 G3
- Prompt corner stage left
- Tecpro intercom system with headsets and belt packs
- Dressing room show relay
- Infra-Red CCTV to prompt corner
- 100 amp three phase supply side stage for lighting rigs
- 60 amp single phase supply 60, 32 or 16 amp Cee Form connectors side stage for sound
- Mixing position – rear of stalls
- (PA wings in the auditorium are permitted but equipment must be positioned so as not to obstruct the view of the audience or any passage way, walk way or exit
- 4k flight cased sound system.
- Yamaha Electric Piano
- Bechstein Grand Piano.
All temporary installations legislations and in compliance with the Theatre’s public entertainment license conditions.
All portable electrical equipment must show evidence of a current ‘PAT Test’ which is now a legal requirement under the provisionsof the electricity at work regulations 1989.
The stage safety curtain must be lowered and raised during each performance and at any time in cases of emergency, therefore, the curtain line must be kept clear at all times.
Three dressing rooms are situated under the stage. A fourth dressing room or production office is situated adjacent to the stage door.
- Stage shows, Concerts, Panto, Ballet, One night stand attractions
- Flat floor events such as Boxing, Wrestling, Dinners, Dinner Dances, Wedding Receptions, Exhibitions, Conferences, Etc.
- Advanced ticket sales service at Tourist Information Centre.
- Bar & Catering – Full licensed bar, Bar snacks available on request, outside caterers used for major occasions.
- Access – Car Park adjoining (weekdays after 5pm and at any time weekends)
- Special arrangements are made for on street parking for ‘get ins.’
- Ramps for wheelchair access at both front and rear entrances.
- Toilet for disabled persons.
- Wheelchair spaces available – subject to numbers.
- For the hard of hearing an induction loop system is available.